WALLA WALLA - Walla Walla Public Schools is teaming with the Friends program to offer a school-based mentoring program. The "Friends Blue Ridge ABC Program" requires adult volunteers to commit to just one hour per week for the school-year.
Volunteers meet with their young friends in a safe environment on the Blue Ridge Elementary school grounds during lunch or after school. Children range from grades 1-5 and enjoy spending time with their adult friends engaging in diverse activities, including reading, board games, sports, tag, and art projects. Even though all contact takes place at school, there are no specific academic goals to achieve-the focus is simply on developing a friendship.
- Friends school-based program now offered at
Blue Ridge Elementary
- Three sessions available daily: lunch time, 3 to 4 p.m.
and 4 to 5 p.m.
- 18 student program (ages 6 to 11)
- One hour per week time commitment
- Two hour (one-time) training requirement
- Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years old
Contact Info: Program Contacts:
Dr. Mark G. Brown, Friends Executive Director